Your community is like your second home, so it's probably a good idea to make it a fun place for you, your team and your residents. Avoiding employee burn out and increasing resident retention is something we all struggle with, so why not overcome both issues with something sweet and tasty? Here are seven ideas you can start implementing at your communities right away:
1. Resident Appreciation- It’s much easier to keep current residents than it is to bring in new ones. With that being said, cupcakes are a great way to bring your residents in to the office, and make them feel appreciated. Leave a flyer on every door inviting them to stop by the office for a "sweet treat". When they arrive, they will be overjoyed by the tasty suprise.
2. Move in gift - Leave a delicious & beautiful box of cupcakes in a unit on the day of move in. This will be the perfect “Welcome Home” greeting for your new residents! Tie a bright bow around it and place it in the kitchen or the refridgerator. Now your new resdidents have a great excuse for snack breaks while unpacking and moving boxes, plus they will be reminded that you care.
3. Cupcake decorating - Invite the kids at your community to come by the leasing office for a cupcake decorating party! This will be a fun, over the summer, or weekend activity to plan for your renters. It’ll be a nice break for the grown-ups, and the kids will have a blast while their imagination, and taste buds, run wild.
4. Champagne and Cupcake Social - Invite the ladies in the area to the Leasing Office for a Champagne and Cupcake Social! What better way for these ladies to get to know their neighbors than over decadent sweets and bubbly? Not only will you get to know them better, but by giving them a chance to relax, indulge, and enjoy good conversation, you are making them feel appreciated, and truly at home. Don’t forget the champagne to add a little elegance and luxury to the gathering. As an added bonus, cupcakes are so small, no one will feel guilty for over indulging!
5. Thank You for Touring Goodies - Offer a small treat to anyone who comes in and tours the community. A cupcake has a lasting effect. It is memorable, unique, and more importantly- tasty. The goal here is to make sure that even after the prospect leaves the property, you will be on their mind.
6. Cupcakes to Competitors and Local Businesses - Remember that your competitors can be your biggest referrals. If a prospect comes in to a competitor’s office, and they are looking for a one bedroom which your competitor doesn’t offer, but you do, then they will be more likely to send the prospect to you if you have a good relationship.
7. Staff Appreciation - Managers are always looking for new ways to show their appreciation to the leasing and maintenance staff. Surprising them with their favorite cupcakes will be a new and exciting way to celebrate their success and hard work, and will remind them that you know they are essential to the